Your Solution for Missing Teeth
When you’re dealing with a missing tooth, there are a few options you can consider to restore your smile to its natural beauty. Many patients in Jonesboro choose dental implants because they provide a high-quality, lasting solution to missing teeth.
Imagine not feeling embarrassed about your smile again! Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile and care-free function that will last for the rest of your life from!
Common Questions About Dental Implants in Jonesboro
The Jonesboro Dental Implant Process
The process of placing dental implants included a few steps.
Tooth Extraction: Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough will remove the remaining broken or cracked portions of the tooth to provide space for your dental implant.
- Bone Graft (if necessary): Bone grafts are needed when there is a lack of adequate bone structure.
- Dental Implant Placement: Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough will secure your dental implant beneath your gums and into your jawbone to allow for integration. After placement of the implant, it takes several months for the jaw to heal correctly.
- Abutment Placement: An abutment will screw into the crown and is the supporting structure from the implant that allows a crown to attach.
- Crown Placement: After a few weeks of healing, your crown will be attached to the abutment.
How Do I Care for My Implants?
Implants are a long-term investment worth smiling about, but there are a few health guidelines you’ll need to follow after surgery.
TWO WEEKS AFTER SURGERY
Stick to softer foods for the first couple of weeks after surgery. There are plenty of options out there, so you don’t have to eat ice cream 24/7! Always remember that even if you’re not hungry, you still need nutrition to help with healing.
You must keep with your oral hygiene routine – brushing, flossing, and fluoride rinses are ways to ensure your implants last.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
There are quite a few advantages of getting your implants from Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, including:
- Receiving care by a dentist like Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough who has aesthetic expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry
- Continuity of care at a single office and fewer office visits
- Dental sedation options, if you’d like them
Beyond these advantages, when you journey through your dental implant process with us, you’ll be able to include permanent solutions into your long-term dental plan and budget.
Finally, our experience and expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry are sure to bring you the results you desire—both in functionality and appearance!
You’ll be on your way to smiling brighter when you choose the professionals at Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for your dental implants.