Your Solution for Missing Teeth
You deserve to feel confident showing off your smile! Dental implants at Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery can help you gain a beautiful, healthy smile and bite that lasts forever.
About Dental Implants
When you have a missing tooth, you have a few options to restore your smile to its natural beauty. Dental implants are a common option in our Jonesboro office because they provide a high-quality, lasting solution to missing teeth.
Dr. McDonough and Dr. Phillips use dental implants in our Jonesboro office to replace single or multiple missing teeth in conjunction with bridges or dentures. Implants can improve the shape and density of your jawbone by supporting the facial structure and soft tissues around the gums, cheeks, and lips. The functionality of implants helps you to eat, chew and have a natural-looking smile.
Dental implants at Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery consist of three components: the implant, the crown, and the abutment, which fastens the crown to the implant. The implant is titanium and threaded on the outside like a screw to securely attach it to the bone.
We'll consider several factors to determine if dental implants are right for your unique case, including your overall health, oral health, and the quantity of jawbone available to anchor the implant. These factors can affect the implant's chance of success and how well you respond to treatment.
If there is too little bone to support an implant securely, Dr. McDonough and Dr. Phillips may be able to perform a bone graft or sinus augmentation to increase the available bone.
The Dental Implant Process
The process of placing dental implants included a few steps:
- Tooth Extraction: Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough will remove the remaining broken or cracked tooth portions to provide space for your dental implant.
- Bone Graft (if necessary): If you lack adequate bone structure, we'll use bone grafts to provide additional support.
- Dental Implant Placement: Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough will secure your dental implant beneath your gums and into your jawbone to allow for integration. After implant placement, it takes several months for the jaw to heal correctly.
- Abutment Placement: An abutment will screw into the crown and is the supporting structure from the implant that allows a crown to attach.
- Crown Placement: After a few weeks of healing, we'll attach your crown to the abutment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are quite a few advantages of getting your implants from Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, including:
- Receiving care from dentists like Dr. Phillips and Dr. McDonough, who have aesthetic expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry
- Continuity of care at a single office and fewer office visits
- Dental sedation options, if you'd like them.
Beyond these advantages, when you journey through your dental implant process with us, you'll be able to include permanent solutions into your long-term dental plan and budget.
Finally, our experience and expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry will give you the results you desire—both in functionality and appearance!
You'll be on your way to smiling brighter when you choose the professionals at Northeast Arkansas Center for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for your dental implants.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Appointment
Are you ready to get your smile back? Contact our Jonesboro office to schedule an appointment with Dr. McDonough or Dr. Phillips and learn if dental implants are the right fit for your smile.