Meet Dr. James B. Phillips
Education & Experience
Dr. James Phillips majored in Athletics and Biology at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. After graduation, he served as an Army Infantry Officer (SF) in Vietnam and Korea (2nd Infantry Division).
On completing his Army duties, Dr. Phillips obtained his Master's degree in Enzyme Physiology at Vanderbilt University. In 1976, he graduated from the University of Tennessee School of Dentistry.
He entered the oral and maxillofacial residency at Wilmington Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware, and completed his residency in 1979. In 1980, Dr. Phillips opened his practice in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Committees & Practice Centers
Dr. Phillips serves on various committees, including:
- The Arkansas Prescription Drug Monitoring Advisory Committee
- The UAMS General Dental Practice Residency Committee
- The Board of the Delta Dental Foundation
He is currently a staff member at:
- St. Bernards Medical Center
- NEA Baptist Hospital
- UAMS Hospital
Dr. Phillips is a Surveyor for the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) since 2003.
Memberships & Certifications
- Board-Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the International College of Dentist
- American Association of Dental Anesthesia
- Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners, former president
- Arkansas State Dental Association, former president
Outside of the Office
Dr. Phillips and his wife, Grace, are active members of the First United Methodist Church.